Cloud computing has three fundamental service models. These are SaaS, which is Software as a Service, PaaS which is Platform as a Service, and the third is IaaS, which is Infrastructure as a Service.
There are several features and benefits that a typical IaaS offering entails.
Some of these are:
• This service can be accessed on demand and the client only pays for the resource they use.
• The resource is available as and when the client needs it, so there are just no delays in expansion of capacity or any waste of unused capacity.
• There is no single point of failure.
• The service can be accessed from any location with an internet connection and if the cloud’s security protocol allows it.
• There is no investment in hardware.
For IaaS vendors, the Indian SME market offers a unique opportunity to enter and grow this segment. In the field of Iaas Hosting India based enterprises can enjoy several great fiscal benefits such as:
• Bringing predictability to IT expenditure
• Reducing cost of IT operations by about 20-30%
• Decoupling IT costs from people and linking them directly to infrastructure
Many leading IaaS Hosting providers deliver the requisite infrastructure by using one or more dedicated or cloud hosting platforms.