Server based computing (SBC) refers to a technology whereby applications get implemented, supported and operated on the server rather than by the client. A server based environment is therefore responsible for upgrading the hardware, deploying applications, offering technical support and backing up data. The computers are converted into terminals and may be replaced by simpler and affordable devices which are known as “thin clients”. This is why the server based computing (SBC) is also popularly called “thin client computing”.
Benefits of Server Based Computing:
- With SBC, administrators find it easier to deploy, monitor, manage and support different applications since these are held on a central machine or server and are managed from one point.
- Users can access desktops and applications from different client devices such as tablets and hybrid equipment's.
- Users can also access these devices from any place on the network.
- Because data is retrieved from a server, performance is better since the server is always more powerful.
- The data is also maintained in a secure environment because the server is stored inside a secure server room which is far safer than the user’s desk.
- New servers or new clients can be conveniently added as and when needed.
- The servers are better monitored and the operating system is also more secure.
Besides these benefits, the terminal servers are designed to resist faults and perform load-balancing guaranteeing more reliability.
CloudOYE is a leading Server based computing (SBC) offering solutions on Cloud Server & Dedicated Servers Hosting. Call our technical experts at 1800 212 2022 or mail us at email@example.com.