Application Portability, which is also referred as application virtualization or application service virtualization, is the technique of running software or program from a remote server rather than on user's computer. Dynamic Link Library (DLL) programs redirect all the virtualized application's calls to the server's file system. When the software runs in this manner on the server, no changes have been made to the local system's operating system (OS), registry, or file system. Computing resources are allocated based on dynamic requirements in the real time zone.
Advantages Associated with Application Portability Comprise of:
- Cost saving on hardware resources and their maintenance
- Cost saving on software and OS licenses
- Ability to handle large and varying workloads
- Ability to run multiple versions of a software or application program concurrently on a single computer system
- Ease of application management, upgrading and migration
- Optimal utilization of existing hardware
- Flexibility in the acquiring hardware resources
- Ability to leverage resources without any impact on the resources
- Enhanced reliability and scalability
Application Portability is useful in diverse scenarios such as banking, e-commerce, stock trading, insurance administration, supply chain management, and business simulations.
CloudOYE is a leading Cloud Hosting Provider offering solutions on Cloud Server Hosting & Dedicated Servers in India Call our technical experts at 1800 212 2022 or mail us at email@example.com.