Ametys is an open source CMS that is available absolutely free of cost. The developers of this open source CMS have written it with Java. This Content management System is –
• Based on Open Social for rendering of gadget and XML oriented framework
• JSR-170 for content storage
This open source CMS was designed mainly to serve the purposes of running corporate websites, extranets, intranets, and blogs – all on the same server. Still now, there are over 30,000 websites that run on Ametys CMS. This efficient Content management System(CMS) is essentially Java based and has the ability to run on any computing platform, which is capable to run an application server as well as Java Runtime Environment.
• Most important features of Ametys are –
• Front end editing • Multilingual as well as multi-site platform
• Support for RSS feed
• Facility of LDAP integration
• Integration facility of many document types including Alfresco, document library manager, and others
• Multiple website tools such as Open Social gadgets, Twitter feed integration, and comments feed
• Wikis as well as blogs
• Online survey management, web form management, and newsletter management
How it all Started?
The Java-written professional CMS was created in the year 2003 by some passion-driven experts. In 2009, it was ported by France headquartered Anyware Services to professional open source content management System level. Most important aspect of this is the evolvement of Ametys through active collaboration among integrators, users, and developers. Ametys has also been used in higher education since 2005, specific components development has been done including Jasig projects.
When a user uses the downloadable version, user authentication services can be done through WYSIWYG editor administration, CAS, and LDAP.