Cloud Migration has become an essential part of many big and mid-sized companies as more and more companies are adopting cloud. This article is meant for the beginners of cloud. Hence, the topic on cloud migration will be started by elucidating the basics.
What Is Cloud Migration?
With the growth of a business, they need advanced technology. Before cloud became mainstream, the business organizations had to keep investing in both hardware and software. These investments were mainly done in maintenance of the hardware and software. In fact, investing was done in updating them and also training the workforce with the new updates and technologies. Just like any other hosting migration, cloud migration is also the migration of hosting solutions from a physical location based one to a cloud based one. When migrating to the cloud, it’s found to be beneficial for all sizes of enterprises – be it small, medium, or large enterprise.
Why Should You Opt For Cloud Migration?
When you move to a cloud environment, many problems get solved automatically.
Some Of The Typical Beneficial Aspects Of Cloud Migration Include-
• In case, the application you are using for your business might be experiencing increase in traffic. This is a usual scenario when a business grows. In such a situation the resources required also increase. In such a case, meeting the increasing demand on the fly gets that more difficult. That's the moment when moving to a cloud seems the most sensible decision.
• Cloud migration can also be beneficial when you want to reduce cost of operation while increasing IT effectiveness.
• Cloud becomes an indispensable part of the ecosystem when your clients need fast implementation of applications. When you migrate to cloud, it helps in reducing the infrastructural overheads. In fact, it also helps you focus more on the developmental aspects.
• When clients of a business want to expand businesses geographically, you will need to setup an infrastructure that is multi-region in nature. In such a situation 4 aspects are challenging and they are time, workforce, maintenance, and effort to control error. In such a scenario, AWS cloud migration seems to be the only sane decision.
• If a business is facing increasing problem of meeting the required storage needs then also you may contemplate of moving to the cloud. Clouds can help in increased storage capabilities because of the scalability benefits they bring with themselves.
• Cloud computing is extremely helpful for businesses where teams are scattered across different geographical locations. When you use cloud based applications, remotely located employees can work in a collaborative manner through the use of internet.
• Medium size and large enterprises generally need disaster recovery system. If a business wants to set it up, it will need an entire data center. In fact, this will also increase the cost significantly. This is where cloud recovery system can come to the rescue. They can be implemented in a much easier manner and the implementation is also very quick. Once done, the business gets enhanced control over its resources.